Wednesday, January 13, 2010

7/8 Research Task- Civil Rights Movement

For the research task of 2009-10, my topic is the Civil Rights Movement, which is best known for it's non- violent protests led by many different fathers of freedom.
You may be thinking that the Civil Rights Movement has been over-taught in our years of education. It all started in math one day when we were reading articles that provided a broad overview of all the topics. I came across a sentence in the Civil Rights article that said something like this:
"The amendment that declared equality among people was basically ignored. "
My interest was sparked. Therefore, I have decided to research the Civil Rights Movement. As I progressed into my research, and was buried deeper and deeper in facts, immersed in notes, I learned a few key things:
1. Martin Luther King wasn't the only one who devoted his life (literally) to the Civil Rights Movement.
2. White supremacists did not only include the Ku Klux Klan, but a council called the White Citizens' Council (or something like that, anyway).
3. There were many different councils that tried to promote integration and equality, like NAACP, S

No comments:

Post a Comment